Food Safety Scotland
Search

prosecution

Christmas Time for Clostridium Perfringens?

Food Poisoning

Caused by Clostridium Perfringens Bacteria

It was reported in Janusry 2015 that a  pub chef and his manager had both been jailed after a Christmas dinner served at their restaurant in 2012 left a mother dead and dozens of other diners ill with food poisoning.turkey food poisoning .http://www.tbds.co.uk
Mehmet Kaya and Ann-Marie McSweeney, the chef and manager of the Railway Hotel in Hornchurch, Essex, were convicted of lying to police when the diners fell ill.
They were jailed at Snaresbrook Crown Court for 12 months and 18 months respectively for perverting the course of justice.

Continue reading

Scarborough Hotel Owner Fined

Hotel Owner Fined Over Food Hygiene

It has been reported By Yorkshire Coast Radio News that:http:www.tbs.co.uk
The owner of a hotel in Scarborough, North Yorkshire has been found guilty of food hygiene offences after a case brought against him by Scarborough Borough Council.

Victor Robertshaw, the owner of Brentwood Hotel on New Queen Street, pleaded guilty to four offences under the Food Safety and Hygiene (England) Regulations 2013. He was fined a total of £1,500 including criminal court charges, a victim surcharge and costs.

Continue reading